April 16, 2010

How does she do it?

I've had many people ask me how I manage to get it all done. Frankly, it's tiring to hear the question over and over. But I understand. You wonder how I find the time to raise a special needs child, a baby verging on toddler-hood, write insightful and inspiring blog posts, teach sign language, and still be so well put together? In this very special post, I'm going to reveal my secrets to you. (In condensed form of course, lest someone in the industry reads this and should want to publish an unabridged version in book form.)

Tip #1: A cluttered house is a cluttered mind.

I have instilled in my children that they must never leave large messes, and always put away one toy before playing with another.

clean house

Tip #2: You are what you eat.

Eat only fresh, preservative-free, organic foods. Baby food should be made from scratch using only organic fruits and vegetables. If you can't pronounce an ingredient, you should not eat it.

Fresh foods

Tip #3: Manners are at the heart of a civilized society.

No shirt, no shoes, no service. Always use a knife and fork and keep your napkin on your lap.

 good manners

Tip #4: Do not let your children watch television.

Television is at the heart of the obesity problem in this country. Strong bodies = strong minds. Go outside and play!

No TV

Tip #5: Your pet is a reflection of you.

Dogs and other household pets must be as well-mannered as your own children. They need plenty of exercise, should never be allowed on the furniture, and must always be in the calm, submissive state.

well behaved dog

Tip #6: Learning and growing is serious business.

Time spent goofing off is time you could be learning something.

seriouse jb  very serious  

I hope that I can continue to inspire and teach you, my dear readers. If you have requests for other words of wisdom, please leave a comment below. For my fashion tips, please see my recent post at the Silicon Valley Moms Blog.

2 comments:

I love comments! Respectful disagreement always encouraged.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails